YOUR EDIBLE YARD
Author: Crystal Stevens
Journey into the good food movement by unleashing your yard's potential, transforming it into a beautiful and vibrant space that offers a continuous supply of food.
Using dozens of beautiful color photographs and watercolor planting charts, infographics, and landscaping designs, Your Edible Yard is the comprehensive how-to guide you need to turn your yard into a bountiful feast.
- Practical gardening methods and maintenance from weeding to wintering, including foodscaping, container gardening, and saving seeds
- Permaculture principles, including soil-building techniques, garden preparation, raised beds, and natural/nontoxic DIY pesticide alternatives
- How to integrate culinary and medicinal herbs, edible flowers, mushrooms, fruits, vegetables, and wild edibles
- Gardening resources: where to go for help, buy seeds, and source supplies on a budget
- Instructions on preserving, fermenting, freezing, drying, and making simple medicines
- General tips, such as how to find loopholes in laws preventing edible front yards
Whether you're a beginner or experienced gardener in the city, the suburbs, or the country, this manual is the A-to-Z guide for making use of the space you have, highlighting the colorful and abundant array of edible landscapes promise.