THE VEGETABLE GARDEN PEST HANDBOOK
Author: Susan Mulvihill
Whether you’re a new or seasoned gardener, author, and garden pro, Susan Mulvihill shows you how to handle pest issues by growing healthier plants, properly identifying the culprit, and nurturing the overall ecosystem of the garden. With easy-to-use charts, you’ll learn how to identify common vegetable garden pests based on both the damage they cause and their physical appearance.
DIY pest-control projects, coupled with up-to-date info on the best natural products, physical pest-control tricks, and tips for managing pests with the use of traps and barriers, all lead to a garden where beneficial insects and pollinators are preserved while pest populations are kept in check.
Learn how to:
- Get rid of squash bugs with minimal effort
- Screen out root maggots
- Keep cutworms at bay
- Nurture the good bugs that help control tomato hornworms
- Tackle an infestation of mites, thrips, or whiteflies
- Send cucumber beetles packing
- Limit cabbage worms with a simple, inexpensive trick
- Learn about the best earth-friendly product controls for home vegetable gardeners
Identifying and controlling common vegetable garden pests has never been a favorite task of gardeners, but with Susan’s help, positive results are easier than you think!