THE HALF-ACRE HOMESTEAD: 40 YEARS OF BUILDING AND GARDENS
Author: Lloyd Kahn
Lloyd Kahn is an expert builder and has been producing books on building for 50 years. Now, for the first time ever, Kahn relates his own building experiences in this one-of-a-kind book.
The Half-Acre Homestead is a record, with over 500 color photos, of Lloyd and his wife Lesley’s owner-built home and garden. They show you what the house and garden look like, how various functions (solar panels, septic systems, skylights, etc.) operate, and the tools they use in the kitchen, garden, and shop.
Inside readers will find:
- Recipes and sections on fishing and foraging.
- Descriptions of raised beds, raising chickens, and collecting rainwater.
- Photos of Lesley’s quilts, weavings, and baskets.
- Images of flowers, vegetables, birds, and spiderwebs.
- Advice for anyone thinking of building a home these days.