THE BOTANICAL BIBLE
Author: Sonya Patel Ellis
The Botanical Bible is an elegant and comprehensive introduction to the beauty, diversity, and value of the botanical world.
Author Sonya Patel Ellis is a writer, editor, and artist who works primarily with pressed botanicals. She founded The Herbarium Project in 2013 to explore the parallels and interconnectivity among nature, art, books, and culture. Here she covers:
- The evolution of the plant kingdom
- The history of horticulture
- Basic botany
- How to garden and forage in six major climate zones
- Recipes for savory dishes, sweets, and drinks
- How to use botanicals for beauty and health, with instructions for making essential oils, herbal remedies, floral scents, and natural cosmetics
- The world of botanical artistry and crafts
The author's love of plants shines through with full-color stunning illustrations and enlightening descriptions. Ellis's love of flora pushes her to share the wide variety of knowledge she possesses: botany, recipes, herbal uses, seasonal foods, botanic artists (famous and not)—there is a bit of everything, often with essential details.
Gorgeously illustrated throughout and packed with information and hands-on projects, The Botanical Bible offers both practical information and the beauty of the natural world in one package, perfect for display on a coffee table or to give as a gift. It is the ultimate guide for aspiring gardeners, botanists, homesteaders, and anyone seeking a more meaningful relationship with nature.