TAPPING INTO WATER: LOW TECH WELL DRILLING
Author: Paul Sawyers
This book reintroduces readers to the lost art of affordable, do-it-yourself well drilling.
You will learn how to utilize common materials for the fabrication of percussion bits, sludging pipes, bailer valves, casings, screens, and much more.
Step-by-step instructions on how to rig and operate these low-tech drilling devices for creating your own personal water well (up to 100 feet deep) are also included.
The book includes information on:
- Percussion drilling to create a well hole
- Sludging (reverse jetting) to create a well hole
- Hand auger to create a well hole
- Drive points for creating ready-made wells
- Casting and finishing bored well holes
- Water flow development of new wells
- Hydrology basics and locating groundwater