MOTHER EARTH NEWS GUIDE TO FRESH FOOD ALL YEAR, 4TH EDITION
Eat better. Save money. That’s the theme of the fourth edition of the Mother Earth News Guide to Fresh Food All Year. This 100-page guide shows how to grow, maintain and harvest your own food all year long. At least 20 A wide variety of articles – 20 in all - cover everything from growing the best tomatoes to building a mini-greenhouse, from preserving fresh food to making homemade butter.
Read how to use cedar fence boards to build produce storage bins that move easily from garden to pantry or basement. Discover how to make delicious homemade bread and say goodbye to the intimidation factor in baking bread. Learn how to have the freshest eggs by raising your own backyard chickens.
Other articles include:
- Freezing Fruits and Vegetables from Your Garden - Round out your food preservation regimen! Follow these straightforward freezing tips to turn your garden harvests into sensational, off-season meals.
- Quick Hoops: Easy-to-Make Mini-Greenhouses – Stretch the growing season to savor fresh, homegrown veggies all year by using these nifty quick hoops in your winter vegetable garden.
- The Incredible Versatility of Eggs – Eggs can star in numerous recipes, from simple scrambled eggs to tangy pickled options to elegant soufflés.
- Grow Your Own Mushrooms – With the help of a simple do-it-yourself kit, you can harvest lots of fresh, tasty fungi.
- Make Delicious, Low-Sugar Jams and Jellies – You can craft naturally sweet, low-calorie preserves with these simple ingredients.