MODERN HOMESTEADER'S GUIDE TO KEEPING GEESE
Author: Kirsten Lie-Nielsen
Sale On Backorder
Regular price $19.99 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
While chickens preen in the spotlight, geese are the historic unsung heroes of small farms and homesteads. Geese are the ultimate modern homesteading companion, providing weed control, large eggs, and entertainment and acting as "security" over other animals.
The Modern Homesteader's Guide to Keeping Geese covers everything you need to know to raise geese, including:
- Profiles of breeds and how to select the best one for your needs
- How to "imprint" goslings on a person
- Feeding, housing, animal health, and cold weather care
- Using geese for weed control, soil improvement, and as "watch-geese"
- Cooking with goose eggs and meat
Additional coverage includes a look at the rich history of geese on farms in North America and Europe that will enhance any goose keeper's enjoyment of these intelligent and unique birds.This practical guide is a must-have essential for the kitchen table of homesteaders, small farmers, permaculturists, and professional farmers looking to add the power of geese to their land.