MAKING PLANT MEDICINE, 4TH EDITION
Author: Richo Cech
Making Plant Medicine is about making herbal medicine. This is a modern medicine-making book and formulary with its roots in original herbalism designed for every medicinal herb gardener to cultivate the full potential of the plant-human relationship. Richo Cech tells very good stories based on his experience as a global wanderer, gardener, herbalist, and medicine maker.
With this fully revised and updated 4th edition, Richo Cech has enriched his formulary with 28 new herbs, providing a broader view of useful plant species that can be cultivated in the home garden and used in family health care. Original, amusing, and absolutely useful.
Topics included are:
Part 1: Medicine Making
- Drying and processing herbs
- Making tinctures the easy way
- The mathematics of tincturing and solubility factors
- Basic formulas for fresh and dry tinctures, including dosages
- Vinegar extracts, glycerites, herbal succi, and syrups teas, decoctions, herbal oils, salves and creams, poultices, compresses, and soaks
Part 2: A Gardener's Formulary
This section covers well over 100 herbs that are readily cultivated in North America.
- Conservation status
- Parts used
- Specific formulas
- Practical uses
- Overview of alternate species
Since the beginning, the garden has been a haven of good physical and spiritual values. The act of gardening provides a balm for every wound. May your medicine be of the garden, and may it be of benefit to all.