GROWING FIGS IN COLD CLIMATES: A COMPLETE GUIDE
Author: Lee Reich11721
Sale On Backorder
Regular price $24.99 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
Growing Figs in Cold Climates is a complete, full-color, illustrated guide to organic methods for growing delicious figs in cold climates, well outside this ancient fruiting tree's traditional hot, arid home. Coverage includes:
- Five methods for growing figs in cold climates, including overwintering
- Cultivar selection for cool and cold climates
- Pruning techniques for a variety of methods of growing figs in cold climates
- Pest problems and solutions
- Harvesting; including ways to speed ripening, identify ripe fruit, and manage an overabundance
- Small-scale commercial fig production in cold climates.
Fresh figs are juicy, full-bodied, and filled with a honey-sweet flavor, and because truly ripe figs are highly perishable, they are only available to those who grow their own.
By choosing the right cultivars and techniques, figs can be grown across cool and cold growing zones of North America, Europe, and beyond, putting almost every gardener within reach. Easy and delicious — if you can grow a houseplant, you can grow a fig.