GROW FOOD FOR FREE
Author: Huw Richards
Huw Richards set himself a challenge – to be self-sufficient by growing his fruits and vegetables for free for a year. He succeeded and now wants to help you do the same.
Can’t afford a raised bed? Try repurposing an old wooden pallet. Don’t want to spend money on buying plants? Look in the fridge and kitchen cupboards for food you can plant. Need a particular tool? Barter or borrow from a neighbor. Don’t have a garden? See if someone in your area has an untended patch you can turn into a well-loved veg plot.
Packed with tried-and-tested advice, this gardening book covers:
- Finding a space to grow — in the yard or on a terrace or balcony — and sourcing the materials you need
- Deciding what to grow your crops in (the ground, a raised bed, or containers)
- Clear growing instructions on more than 30 species of popular annual and perennial crops
- Huw Richards’ 52-week journal of how he grew his food for free for a year without spending a penny
- Advice on how to go about selling your produce to raise money to expand your growing area
Huw’s Grow Food for Free has the inspiration and practical advice you need to start, grow, love, propagate and harvest your own fruits and vegetables organically and at zero-cost. This is real sustainability!