Author: Kevin Espiritu
Followed by millions @epicgardening, Author Kevin Espiritu has built a modern, high-tech homestead on a modest urban lot. In Epic Homesteading, he teaches you how to do the same wherever you live.
As Kevin has proven—thanks to his enthusiasm and willingness to experiment—there’s no need to go “back to the land,” live off-grid, and leave behind modern conveniences to improve your self-sufficiency and autonomy. Anyone can do it.
Follow in Kevin’s footsteps with this accessible, beginner-friendly guide to embracing today’s technology to grow and preserve food, raise mini livestock like bees and chickens, set up automated systems like irrigation and greywater recycling, and so much more.
The high-tech homesteading concepts and projects introduced in Epic Homesteading show you that wherever you are in the world—city, country, or suburbia—homesteading is for YOU!
Learn how to:
- Use solar power
- Automate rainwater catchment and distribution
- Set up your food-growing spaces outdoors and in
- Plant and care for a small orchard, including pest management
- Cultivate microgreens and sprouts
- Keep bees, chickens, and quail
- Use laundry and shower greywater in the garden
- Preserve food
- Seek out and utilize free resources
- Maximize energy efficiency through a mini-split system, smart lighting, and timers
Plus, you’ll find large and small step-by-step DIY projects to power up your homestead quickly. As an added bonus, Kevin also shares advice on more complex subjects, such as investigating local zoning regulations and permitting requirements, staying organized, understanding your limitations, and designing your homestead for efficiency and beauty.
Learn how to make an epic homestead of your own and, as Kevin likes to say, “Keep on Growing!”