Author: Andrea Potter
Since the relatively recent introduction of kombucha onto North American supermarket shelves, this healthy sparkling beverage has exploded in popularity. But can it be brewed at home, with the same tasty, healthy results?
With this straightforward, accessible, and highly visual how-to guide, author Andrea Potter does away with specialist jargon and expensive or hard-to-find equipment, showing how sparkling homebrews from kombucha to water kefir are definitely possible for just about anyone to make, and have fun doing it. Coverage includes:
- Basic fermentation science
- Controlling fizz, acidity, and alcohol content
- Secondary fermentation and adding flavours to the brew
- Wild-fermented sodas, using a ginger bug (a wild yeast culture)
- Recipes for kombucha's honey-fed relative, Jun, as well as for water kefir
Answering key questions including "where does all that sugar go?", "do I need to get a sitter for it when I go on holiday?", and "does this SCOBY look normal?", and including a comprehensive troubleshooting guide to help you keep brewing confidently and consistently, DIY Kombucha is ideal for foodies, urban and rural homesteaders, and health-motivated people — it's an essential addition to your DIY toolkit!