Cordwood construction — log-ends set in insulated mortar — is a versatile, economical, low-impact, and beautiful building method. Its durability and performance has been proven in beautiful, centuries-old buildings in North America and Europe. Yet until now, there has been no trusted, practical guide to cordwood construction using the material in a wide variety of construction projects.
Distilling decades of experience and best practices, Essential Cordwood Building is the first fully illustrated, step-by-step guide to cordwood building. Ideal for the DIYer and professional designer and builder alike, it covers:
• Wood species selection, log-end length, and seasoning
• Cement, lime putty, and cob mortar options
• Wall cavity insulation options
• Budgeting and estimating
• Highly illustrated, step-by-step building techniques
• Window and door frame installation
• Pointing and chinking, finishing, and plastering
• Special designs and decorative features
• Code references, compliance, building science, and best practices
• Troubleshooting and maintenance
Note: This is an e-book. Retrieving the e-book requires you to have an account. When checking out in the shopping cart please log in or register. Do not check out as a guest. Once you have placed your order click on “My Account” in the top right of the page, then click on “Downloads”. You should see your e-book on the following screen. Click to open it and save to your computer. If you need further assistance please contact customer service or call 1-866-803-7096.
Item Number: 10979